Fairfax Presbyterian Church stands on the conviction that all people have been made in the image and likeness of God (Genesis 1:27); we strive to embody the principle from the prophet Isaiah engraved on our sanctuary walls: “My house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples" (Isaiah 56:7). We also recognize and acknowledge that not all people have been honored in this way throughout history, and that every generation is obliged to make this promise anew, for themselves and for the generations that follow.In that spirit, the leaders of Fairfax Presbyterian Church are calling for submissions to a new creative effort - the design of a flag or banner that represents our shared commitment to combat systemic racism and other injustices suffered by Black Americans as well as other marginalized groups in our nation and community. This creative endeavor to design a flag or banner is open to the children, youth and adults of FPC. The group will also joyfully accept submissions from outside the congregation. All are welcome to submit designs, regardless of religious affiliation, residency, age, or other criteria.
- Create a new banner using paint, crayons, chalk, or computer technology.
- Designs should be submitted by November 1, 2020.
- Submit a a high resolution .jpg image of your design at https://fairfaxpresby.breezechms.com/form/Banner.
- Representative design submissions will be displayed at Fairfax Presbyterian Church online and at a congregational fellowship event. At that time the selected design will be announced.
- Those submitting designs will retain no rights to the design, nor will FPC own the rights. Instead, all designs will remain in the public domain. FPC intends to create a physical flag or banner from the selected design and display it. Others who wish to do so will be encouraged to do so.
- All submissions must be received by November 1, 2020.